Open Baptist Church (OBC) of Gaborone is committed to advancing the gospel of Jesus Christ in Botswana and beyond. The Church is calling for a full time Senior Pastor to serve for a period of three (3) years.
Position Purpose: The Senior Pastor will provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the Church. He will be responsible for the overall spiritual direction of the Church. He will also guide the Church along its vision of “Together in Christ to the world.”
Requirements: The applicant should have theological training with at least a Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.) or an equivalent qualification, from a recognized theological institution. He must also be:
- Saved, having received Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Saviour
- God-fearing and devoted to the Ministry
- An ordained minister and knowledgeable in the Baptist doctrine
- Able to provide a teaching and learning experience to the congregation
- Skilled in church management and supervision
- Able to provide spiritual guidance to the Church’s social intervention programmes, youth oriented programmes and discipleship programmes
- Able to facilitate theological training
- This senior position requires a mature person not less than 40 years of age, with a minimum of 10 years of experience in pastoral ministry.
- Pastoral experience in a large multicultural congregation will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates must please submit their detailed Curriculum Vitae with supportive documents (marked “Confidential”) to:
Board of Elders
Open Baptist Church,
P.O Box 1992, Gaborone,
Contact Person: Mavis Botlhale
Tel/Fax: 00 267 3184082
CLOSING DATE: 28 December 2016