CAROLS BY CANDLELIGHT – 2nd December 2018 TIME: 6.30pm
Come and share a beautiful evening of worship celebrating the Birth of our Lord Jesus Christ in scripture and in song. To be reminded again of the great gift of Christ coming to the World.
Invite a friend along to this special evening and come with a candle.
DATE: 2nd December 2018 TIME: 6.30pm
HOME FELLOWSHIP TESTIMONY NIGHT
After successfully completing the study Forgiveness – breaking the power of the past, all Home Fellowship groups will meet on the 5th December 2018 to share individual and/or group testimonies unlocked through the study. All are welcome, especially those who are not members of any Home Fellowship group to attend.
Time: 6.00pm Venue: OBC Sanctuary
WOMEN’S WELLNESS BRUNCH – 8TH DECEMBER 2018
Thank you to all the women who have registered for the lady’s brunch. Today is the final day for registration and payment. If you have not yet paid, please visit the registration table after the service. Please note that no registration and payments will be taken after the 2nd of December.
Contact: Michelle 73652645 Tshego 72309135
CLOSING FOR THE HOLIDAYS
Kindly be informed that the following will be closed for the holidays:
– THE CHURCH OFFICE closes on Wednesday 19th December 2018 and re-opens on the 3rd January 2019.
– SUNDAY SCHOOL & LITTLE LAMBS are closed for the holidays and will re-open in January 2019. Please note that during this period, the Sunday School hall and Little Lambs room will be closed. Parents, please bring your children to the Sanctuary as the services will be child-friendly.
– OMRI is closed for the holidays and will re-open for first term at the end of January 2019.
– THE LIBRARY will be closing on Sunday 9th December 2018 and will reopen on the first week of February, Sunday 2nd February 2019. Those who have taken out library books and other reading materials are kindly asked to return them to the library. Have a blessed holiday. Please contact Comfort Arua on 75074747.
– IGNITE YOUTH will be closing for the year on the 7th December 2018 and reopen in late January 2019.
We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
FRESH START MINISTRY
“Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.” Proverbs 4:23
“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” John 8:36
Regular meetings are closed until next year. Individual appointments are accepted. Contact Susan Mogwera on 72572827, 3953779 for more details.
Ignite youth would like to send a shout out to all the generous members of the congregation who took turns and provided food for the youth every Friday night during 2018.
It was so much appreciated, and no one had to go home with an empty stomach. The youth also would like to thank the Elders and the Admin for all their support including providing the combi to take everyone home.
Heartfelt thanks to the IGNITE youth band and the tireless servant-leaders who made a program for the youth every week. It was a time of building and pursuit of eating solid food instead of drinking milk.
Special thanks also to members of the congregation who sponsored underprivileged youth from our neighbourhood to go to Youth for Christ camp in Magaliesburg in January.
A total of 38 young people were sponsored. To all of the above, you know who you are – God bless you all!
Please note that Friday 7 December will be the last Ignite youth of the year. Youth will start again late January – look out for announcements.
MEN’S MINISTRY PROJECT
The Men’s Ministry at its Men’s breakfast held on the 3rd November 2018 resolved unanimously that each man will contribute a minimum of P600.00 towards the project of paving the road and putting an exit gate on the road that leads to World of Golf.
There will be a table set up after both services where the MEN can make their pledges and pay for this noble project.
OUR DAILY BREAD DEVOTIONAL 2019
The daily devotional called “Our Daily Bread” for 2019 is NOW available at P50.00 per copy. This devotional offers Bible based wisdom and encouragement through 365 short meditations. Begin each new day by spending time with God, guided by this devotional.
You can gift it for family and friends for the new year.