QUARTERLY GENERAL MEETING – 7TH JULY 2019
The Church is hereby informed that there will be a Quarterly General Meeting on Sunday 7th July 2019, immediately after the service. Hence there will only be ONE SERVICE for that day starting at 9.00am. All registered members are expected to attend.
All Men are kindly requested to remain behind after both the first and second services for a short briefing on the outcome of the meeting held on Saturday 15th June 2019. This is regarding the Paving Project and its Relevance to the master plan of the church.
FACE THE NATION
The FTN Volunteers have been deployed to their various schools around the country and most of them have settled well. We thank the OBC Family for their support both financially and for the food which fed the volunteers during the 3 weeks of training. Please continue praying for the volunteers during this time.
ADDITIONAL TEACHERS NEEDED
The Sunday school is in urgent need of teachers. We have a shortfall of at least four (4) teachers at 8 am service and at least three (3) teachers at the 10am service. We request church members to prayerfully consider joining the ministry. Male teachers are especially encouraged, you can contact the following: Stella Mzumara 76179631 or Leya Musunga 71629793
The Sunday school will be having an outreach to the less privileged children in our community at the end of the term and are therefore requesting the children to donate children’s toys, clothes, tinned food and cash donations to this cause. For more information and donations to be submitted to the teachers in the Sunday school hall or you can contact the following: Stella Mzumara 76179631 or Leya Musunga 71629793
This is to inform the Church that the following will be relocating:
– Hildah Gathuya who works for Cellulant Botswana and has been worshipping with us since 2016 will be relocating back to Kenya.
– Bukola Adekanmbi, who has been serving in various ministries including the Singles Ministry, will be relocating to Australia for further studies.
We thank them both for the time they have spent with us and wish them well in their endeavours. Let us continue to pray for them.
– Dr Lily Fidzani underwent surgery recently and is recovering at home. Let us continue to pray for her for a speedy recovery and total healing.
– Mrs Siji Mathews had an operation and is in recovery in Johannesburg. Let us pray for her recovery process and total healing.
– Let us continue to pray for Ruth Moir for total healing as she takes her treatment and for continued availability of required finances.
NEW BIBLE STUDY MATERIAL
“BEING A DISCIPLE: COUNTING THE REAL COST” is our next Bible study topic. Study books are available from the office at a cost of P30.00 each. Home-fellowship leaders
are urged to collect books for their groups.
Donations/Pledges toward breakfast and lunch for the Open Baptist Maru-A-Pula Reads Initiative are still welcome particularly for the following dates: 29th June
and 6th July. If you would like to pledge or donate, contact Pusetso Morapedi 72227975 and Onalenna Giddie 72116634.