PARTICIPATE IN THE SPORTS MINISTRY
Opportunities are available to play a significant part in the Sports Ministry.
1. NETBALL LEAGUE has started and OBC has not been able to raise a team! We only need 10 players. Register with Connie Mokgwathi (73649775)
2. CHESS: Enthusiasts are invited to register with Maxwell Machoko-71628744 or the Sports Office
3. BASKETBALL: League started. Register with Taffy Chifamuna (71490114) Thandi Tumelo (71324252)
4. BASKETBALL PRELIMINARY COACHING COURSE will take place in AUGUST. Register now with the Sports Office
5. YOUTH/SPORTS LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT SEMINAR: will take place in AUGUST
6. RED CROSS LEVEL ONE FIRST AID COURSE: will take place in AUGUST
2014 MANYANA VILLAGE SPORTS OUTREACH EXPANDING (4th October 2014)
At the request of the Bahurutshe Chieftainship and the Department of Youth and Culture, the 2014 Manyana Sports Outreach will be expanding this year to include Mogonye, and Bikwe villages. Kgosi C. K. Mosielele is appreciative of OBC’s contribution to the development of sport and youth in the village and the impact our ministry is having. Again we shall minister to the 3 villages through the Sports Ministry; OBC Youth Praise and Worship Group; FTN and the Gospel Group.
NEW PRISON MINISTRY
An application to be registered to minister at the Moshupa Juvenile Prison has been submitted with the Botswana Prison Services. The new OBC Prisons Ministry is working on a programme of areas through which OBC can impact on both the In-mates and Prison Staff at Moshupa. Ideas at hand include the use of sports and music as a draw card; replenishing the Prison Library; Counselling services and HIV/Aids Intervention programmes. The involvement and support of all OBC Ministries and individuals will be appreciated. We continually pray for the new Prison Ministry Coordinators for God’s direction and vision.
This is to announce that Miss Ibukun Oladiran will be getting married to Dr. Olumide Aluko at OBC, Gaborone, on Saturday 16th August 2014, God willing. We covet your prayers.
FTN would like to invite the Church and FTN prayer partners to the annual thanksgiving to be held on Saturday the 9th August 2014 at OBC, 9am to 12pm.
With heavy hearts, we announce the passing away of Mrs Susan Alexander’s mother in India on 15th July 2014. The Alexanders have already travelled to India for the burial and have returned to Botswana. Please continue to pray along with the family.
We are biding farewell to the Mutua family who are returning to Kenya after five years’ stay in Botswana. Sister Susan Mutua, her son Johari, and mother are travelling on Monday 30th July to join brother Mutua who left earlier. We would like wish the Mutuas well in their endeavours.