EASTER GIFTS FOR HOSPITAL PATIENTS
The Hospital Ministry Team hereby solicits donations of Vaseline, Body lotions, Toilet rolls, Facial tissues, Facial towels, Soap, Toothbrush, Toothpaste and chocolates to be given to hospital patients during the Easter period. Children’s toys, biscuits and chips also needed for children’s wards.
If you are able to assist, kindly drop these items at the church office or give monetary contributions to purchase them. The monetary contributions should be dropped with Arinola Adekanmbi (71410349) or Devinka Ilangakoon (71616695) . Deadline for collection: March 19th. Thank you.
WEEKLY CHURCH PRAYER SERVICES
The Congregation is informed that our weekly prayer programmes are as follows:
– Mid-week Prayer Service – Tuesdays 6:00pm – 7:15pm
– Intercessors – Wednesdays 10:30pm – 12:00pm
– FTN Prayer Partners – Wednesdays 12:30pm – 1:30pm
PRISONS MINISTRY UPDATE
Volunteers: The Prisons Ministry Committee would like to thank the OBC Family for an impressive response to their appeal for volunteers. We registered 42 volunteers last Sunday and a meeting of the volunteers will be called to discuss their involvement in the various departments in detail.
Commissioning of donations: The commissioning and hand-over of the porta cabin, books and related educational equipment to the Botswana Prison Service will take place on the Saturday, 1st April 2017. The event will be officiated by The Honourable, Vice President Mokgweetsi E. K. Masisi.
IT Equipment: Unfortunately we still haven’t found Computers for the IT Development programme.
FRESH START MINISTRY – GETTING YOUR WHOLE HEART BACK
29th March – Free from the Arrow of Shame
12th April – Free from the Arrow of Fear
Meetings are held at 5.30pm in the OBC Conference Room. All are Welcome!!!
For more information phone Susan Mogwera 72572827, Phone: 3953779, Email address: email@example.com
FACE THE NATION (FTN) UPDATES
1. As a form of reinforcement of God’s message to the youth in schools around the country, the FTN Committee proposes prayer sessions every Wednesday from 12.30 – 1.30 pm at OBC. These sessions will be coordinated by the FTN Committee and further details could be obtained from Mrs. Maria Phiri (3184082 or 71709326). Existing and new FTN prayer partners are most encouraged to join these prayer sessions.
2. FTN peer educators in schools continue to report the favour of the Lord. The challenges they face in schools include: absenteeism from classes; alcohol and drug abuse; Satanism etc.
3. FTN has vacancies for more Government interns. The criteria for engagement as an FTN intern are:
Profession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ;
Successful completion of a college degree (in any discipline);
Participation in at least one FTN School of Discipleship;
Citizen of Botswana.
Applications are open throughout the year.
4. The spiritual guidance and administrative supervision of the 100 interns approved for FTN by the Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture require more involvement of the OBC Family.
FTN needs more prayer partners and volunteers in the ministry.