1 Corinthians 3:9-11
9 For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building.
10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
‘The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,’ says the LORD Almighty. ‘And in this place I will grant peace,’ declares the LORD Almighty.”
As OBC, we believe God is leading us to focus on the theme of – ‘TIME TO BUILD’ for the Kingdom.
– The only foundation to build on is Jesus Christ himself
– The building is God’s
– We all are co-workers in God’s service
– Each one of the members has a part to play in the building by exercising the gifts God has given us for the benefit of the church. The leadership commits to ensuring that in 2018, every member at OBC will know and understand their God given gift and all members will be encouraged to take an active role in the Church.
– We have to be careful with what material we use as we build on the foundation of Christ
– We need to be warned and aware that others will bring other foundations, or materials that will not stand the test and we need to be on guard and reject that.
– As a congregation, we pray that God will help us and lead us to build with material that will last and give glory to Him